Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm not bitching, I'm decluttering.

I am so very grateful that I have the work I do right now. Creatively, its keeping me going in between my own paintings. Financially, I'm not going to discuss it. Lets just say Fredward is very happy about my decision to return to work this fall. I am hoping that I am able to keep the creative juices flowing and eventually have enough NEW pieces to hold a show.

:big sigh:

I hope, with the utmost sincerity and skill, that I can complete all of my tasks at hand: 1- the logo for the newest Chapter of Wisconsin Campers Association- the East Troy Area Country Campers. It will be a damn shame and an epic failure if I can't figure it out. I'm getting there; Lorie, don't get stressed. I'm working on it... I've just had a major brain fart & its still a little cloudy in here. I want to make it perfect [because, you know I am ;) ] and easily made printed or embroidered. The making-it-easy-for-embroidery is a little more difficult, but never fear! I've come up with something! I just need to get it on paper, then into the computer. 2- The odd tasks/ creative spots at the Fox residence. I have a lot to do, and trying to do it with a baby whose just started cereal & baby food, is a whole new venture! Its like re-revolving yourself around the baby's schedule... again! Who knew? 3- The scenery for Camp Venture. I did 3/4 of my swamp scene today... & I'm pretty happy with it too! I've got a bit more to do, but I feel that I can get it done. 4- The very random, and very present, ideas that keep presenting themselves as FABULOUS artistic developments. I am extremely intrigued to get them all together, and I sincerely hope I can throw together an art show before the years' end. Which also means I'll have to find a way to get a hotel room with a waterpark, so the kids don't complain about said party.

:inhale. hold. exhale. [yes I'm doing that as I type] repeat.:
:find balance:

My grandparents are still in town, and I'm trying to divide my time between spending it with them, because I don't have much time until their drive back to New Mexico. I wish they would stay here, but I completely respect their decision to go home. Its home. Its been their home for the last 22 years. I can still dream...

I'm a little torn that Dylan has been spending so much time with his friends and not with me. I want to feel really good about it, because that means he has friends, however, he's not home very often and we don't get to do much together :whine- omg, don't I sound pathetic?: I realized tonight that it is not unusual for us to not have any children at home except for the baby lately. Alex has his friends, and between Sam and his grandparents, I hardly see him too.

I can't wait for school to start, because then I'll always know where my kids are [being the same place every day]. I know where they are; I am a good mom- cripes, I don't let the roam the neighborhood, but you know? I feel I could get so much more done with them at that special place, I know and love so much.

Okay I think I'm to the point of rambling, so if you've made it this far, congratulations! You've won the opportunity to gaze at my adorable son.

G'night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!