Monday, June 22, 2009

I love the Red Hot Chilli Peppers

So much. I remember hearing BloodSugarSexMagik and remember thinking what an awesome album it was. Is. Still is.



This was in the early years, when I was just, ah, "experimenting" with music. I was young enough to be living at home, and heavily influenced by my parent's choices. My dad's thing was the Oldies of the 50s & 60s, and had to be one of the only people I knew who didn't care for the Beatles. My mom liked John 'Cougar' Mellencamp, as he was known back then [she still does, I think]. Granted, BloodSugarSexMagik came out quite a few years later, but still. It was this raw, crazy sound to me, and I remember going to my cousin's house to play- she had the CD, and would let me crank it when I was over. I would listen to the entire album, over and over. I loved her for that. Still do.

I was fascinated, even back then, by all of their tattoos. The inside cover had photos of all of their tattoos... I would look at all the different designs, and try to match the tats with their owners. I love the pictures and how they looked as they were wrapped around various parts of their bodies. How yummy they looked covered in tattoos.


To this day, I love two things: Loud music and tattoos. Apparently, not much has changed. And I'm okay with this. I still think guys with tattoos are hot: see my husband for further proof. And I still listen to whole albums, over and over and over and over again. In a single song era, whole album appreciation is vital. Well, at least, for me it is.

Happy listening, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!